Pneumonia is one of the severe respiratory diseases that directly affect the air passages such as the
nasal passages, the bronchi and the lungs of the patients. Thus it becomes important for us to study
about the Nursing diagnosis for pneumonia.
Nursing diagnosis for pneumonia is as follows Nursing Jobs:
1. Impaired gas exchange for the changes in alveolar capillary membrane.
2. Unproductive airway clearance for inflammation and accumulation of discharge.
3. Risk of (spread infection)
4. Acute pain
5. Risk of deficient volume of liquid because of inadequate oral intake, fever, tachypnoea.
6. Activity intolerance because of decreased blood oxygen levels in the body.
7. Changes in the comfort because of fever, dyspnea, chest pain.
8. Body temperature increases because of the infection process in the body.
9. Risk for imbalanced nutrition inappropriate to the body requirements
10. Anxiety related to the impact of hospitalization.
11. Lack in knowledge about the illness condition, its treatment plan, how to take self-care, and the
concerned discharge needs.